- 1 can (12 ounces) solid white albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon Best Choice extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Best Choice red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Best Choice ground black pepper
- 1 cup rinsed and drained Best Choice white kidney (cannellini) beans
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 medium avocados
- Thinly sliced French baguette, brushed with oil and toasted (optional)
1. In medium bowl, flake tuna with fork. Stir in onion, basil, chives, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Fold in beans and tomato.
2. Divide greens over 4 individual plates. Cut avocados in half; remove pits and remove avocado flesh from skin using a large spoon. Place 1 avocado half over greens on each plate.
3. Spoon tuna mixture into avocado halves on each plate and serve with baguette toasts, if desired.