- 6-8 oz. skinless, boneless chicken (white or dark)
- 2 T Best Choice® extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt-free garlic seasoning
- ½ tsp Best Choice® cumin
- ¼ tsp Best Choice® ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp Best Choice® crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup Best Choice® long-grain brown rice
- ¼ cup wild rice
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Best Choice® stewed tomatoes, Mexican
- ½ can water
- Garnishes of Choice (Best Choice® cheese, Best Choice® sour cream, cilantro, etc.)
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a non-reactive skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken.
- Sprinkle with garlic seasoning, cumin and black pepper and hot pepper flakes, if using.
- Stir until chicken is browned and remove from heat. (Chill until ready to serve.)
- To skillet, add remaining oil, brown rice and wild rice.
- Stir until it begins to brown and starts to smell nutty.
- Add tomatoes and ½ can water to rinse can.
- Bring to boil and simmer 40 minutes, or until rice is almost cooked.
- Return chicken to skillet and cook an additional 5 minutes to finish cooking rice and chicken.
- Serve with any or all garnishes.
Serves 2. Very easy doubled or tripled.